Genre
Recount Text
Recount text
is a story or event which tell in the
past. It aims at telling the readers about someone’s experiences. Recount text
also in function for suggest conjuncture / event which past happen.
Recount text
can visible in scientific text although unscientific text. In unscientific context, this recount had a great vogue by
readers because in character gave notice and amuse. Examples: novel and short
story. In scientific context, this text seldom detectable in thorough report, scientific
activity report, or experiment.
The
following points is some regular verb and irregular verb :
Regular verb :
|
Verb-I
|
Verb-II
|
Verb-III
|
meanig
|
|
Accept
|
Accepted
|
Accepted
|
Menerima
|
|
Account
|
Accounted
|
Accounted
|
Menghitung
|
|
Analyze
|
Analyzed
|
Analyzed
|
Menganalisis
|
|
Announce
|
Announced
|
Announced
|
Mengumumkan
|
|
Apologize
|
Apologized
|
Apologized
|
Meminta maaf
|
|
Arrange
|
Arranged
|
Arranged
|
Mengatur
|
|
Arrive
|
Arrived
|
Arrived
|
Tiba
|
|
Believe
|
Believed
|
Believed
|
Percaya
|
|
Blame
|
Blamed
|
Blamed
|
Menyalahkan
|
|
Circulate
|
Circulated
|
Circulated
|
Mengedarkan
|
|
Destroy
|
Destroyed
|
Destroyed
|
Memusnahkan
|
|
Formulate
|
Formulated
|
Formulated
|
Merumuskan
|
|
listen
|
Listened
|
Listened
|
mendengar
|
Irregular verb :
|
Verb-I
|
Verb-II
|
Verb-III
|
Meaning
|
|
Beat
|
Beat
|
Beaten
|
Memukul
|
|
Build
|
Built
|
Built
|
Mendirikan
|
|
Burn
|
Burnt, burned
|
Burnt, burned
|
Membakar
|
|
Buy
|
Bought
|
Bought
|
Membeli
|
|
Dig
|
Dug
|
Dug
|
Menggali
|
|
Drink
|
Drank
|
Drunk
|
Minum
|
|
Drive
|
Drove
|
Driven
|
Mengendarai
|
|
Eat
|
Ate
|
Eaten
|
Makan
|
|
Forbid
|
Forbade
|
Forbidden
|
Melarang
|
|
Forecast
|
Forecast (ed)
|
Forecast (ed)
|
Meramalkan
|
|
Foretell
|
Foretold
|
Foretold
|
Meramalkan
|
|
Forget
|
Forgotten
|
Forgotten
|
Melupakan
|
|
Forgive
|
Forgiven
|
Forgiven
|
Memaafkan
|
|
Hit
|
Hit
|
Hit
|
Mengenai, memukul
|
|
spend
|
spent
|
spent
|
menghabiskan
|
The
structure of a recount text consists of three parts :
1.
Orientation : tells the
readers who was involved in the story, what happened, where the story took
place and when it happened. The simpler orientation consists about what, who,
where, and when.
2. A series of events : tell the sequence of events.
These events are described in a chronological order.
3. Re-Orientation : summarizes the event / conclusion.
Recount text have language feature as follow :
1.
Focus on specific
participants.
2.
Use of past
tense.
3.
Use of
conjunctions and temporal circumstances.
4.
Use of material
(or action) processes.
5.
Use of relational
and mental processes.
Type of recount text :
1.
Eyewitness
account
2.
Letters
3.
Conversation
4.
Newspaper report
5.
Interview
television
This is an examples of Recount Text :
“MY
VACATION WITH MY BELOVED SISTER AND BOYFRIEND”
One
day, my sister said to me that she really wanted to go to the beach. So I
promised her that the next day we would go to Maron beach in Semarang.
The
next day, we prepared many things in the morning. We brought some foods and
beverages, such as fried rice, chocolate wafers, potato chips, water and orange
juice. Before going to the beach, I ask my boyfriend, Farel, to join us going
to the beach. He agreed to join and he came to my house. After that, we went to
the beach. We went there by car. It took 25 minutes to arrive there. Then, we
bought tickets in the entrance gate. Before swimming, we changed our clothes
first. We swam there for more than one hour. We felt so tired that we decided
to eat the foods that we had brought.
Next,
my boyfriend and I created a very big sand castle, while my sister continued
swimming. After that, we decided to go home because it was getting dark.
On
the way home, we still felt hungry. So we stopped at a Javanese restaurant to
eat something. I ordered gudeg, while my boyfriend and my sister ordered rames
rice. After finished eating, we paid our bills. Then, we went home. We arrived
at home at 6 o’clock and we were absolutely exhausted. That was very exhausting
day, but I felt so happy that I could have a vacation with my sister and my
boyfriend.
“A STUDY TOUR TO BALI”
I was in senior high school when at the
first time I went to Bali island. I went there with my teachers and my friends.
It was a study tour actually. My teacher, my classmates, and I were in the same
bus. We left our school at 8 a.m.
The journey from Pati to Bali took a
day. I was so exhausted because I had to sit along the journey. Actually, it was a funny journey because I spent all of my time with my friends, like playing games, and laughing. But I felt that all of my
tiredness gone all of sudden when we arrived at the Sanur Beach. It was still
morning, I saw a sun rise which was so beautiful.
Then we were drove to the hotel to take
a rest and had meals . after that, we went to the Nusa Dua Beach. There were so
many activities to do there. We could play parasailing, banana boat, and so on.
But I chose to go to a little island which had a lot of reptile there. There
were snake, turtles, etc. the scenery was so beautiful because I was in the
middle of the sea.
Next, we went to Garuda Wisnu
Kencana (GWK). There were two statues
which were so big. They were Wisnu and his bird, called Garuda. I was
interested in its relief on the rock but, actually, I did not know the story on
it. At last, we went to the Sosro Company. We learned a lot of things there
from the first step till the end of making a tea. After that, we went back to
Pati.
After a very long journey, through the
land and the sea, I learned something about nature and human products. Although
it took a lot of my energy, I felt so happy because I spent all of my time with
my friends.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar